Thursday, December 10, 2009

this is the part where i tell you i hate people

it seriously annoys me when people understand "introverted" as "shy". no, i'm not scared of you. i just don't need you.

i have social anxiety, yes. people outside of my bubble freak me out and wear me out. i have a low (ish) tolerance for people i don't know very well, or people too different from me, or people too much like me. that being said, i do love people. i do. i have a very close circle of friends that make me all warm and fuzzy and i am loud and obnoxious around them, not skeered at all. but get me outside of my bubble and i pull my hoodie up over my head, take my arms out of my sleeves, and play game boy inside my comfy fleece cocoon.

because, quite frankly, i don't rely on people.

introverts are people who gain energy primarily from being alone. "me time" refreshes them, while "people time" refreshes extroverts (i find myself wanting to type outroverts which to be honest sounds and looks a lot better. right? RIGHT?).

when i'm talking to people and they ask me how i can stand to be alone all day with will, how i deal with not socializing a whole ton, if i'm upset about not having friends in town, i tell them, it's ok, i deal. i'm pretty introverted.

"awwwhh, so ur shy?"

uh. no. well, yes. but i am shy...and introverted.

2 comments:

  1. RIGHT! Outroverts sounds and looks a lot better. It's funny though, how all introverts describe themselves more or less the same way. Reading this sounds just like the way i would describe myself too. I have way too much me time and doesnt seem to get bored of it.

    And if i do get bored of it, I'll drop by 20sb and visit random blogs and "Poet" caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heys,

    I wrote a poem, or something that sounds like it, over on my blog: http://thespiralstairwell.blogspot.com/2009/12/stubborn-creative-love.html

    It would be great if you could read it and tell me if u feel the same way about the things that I wrote. It's about being an introvert. Hope to see u there.(:

    ReplyDelete